Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dress for Jessica

I started with McCall's 6031 and more lovely jersey knit. I was not enjoying the way the pattern directed you to sew things together, so I went a bit more my own way. Sorry for the blah photos. One day I will have good light....  

I added a bit of pleating in the front hoping to give the little one a bit more room. It has been interesting trying to accomodate a growing baby with patterns that don't. The collar detail in the pattern seemed too large when I started so I decided on some gathered, pleated and twisted peices.

I hope you like it Jessica.

7 comments:

kms handmade said...

Oh, it's really fun! I like the gathers and I bet the pleats are nice and roomer. Did you have an easier time with the knit this time?

kms handmade said...

PS. I like the new look of the blog!

Jessica said...

As I wrote you earlier. I LOOOVVVVEEEE it! And the new layout is gorgeous!

lizy said...

This dress is beautiful. Is it with the same yummy knit you use for the top? Love you new header.

Jennifer said...

This is too much! Just too gorgeous! Is it plum colored or brown? i adore it:) and i was about to hack your account and change that header picture you had up there waaaaay to long! This one is so perfect.

Dee said...

first of all the new layout is fabulous! love the picture in the middle!

the dress is just too much fun. you amaze me with your sewing on clothing!

awesome job!

Joan's Good Life said...

Love the new header! And the top is gorgeous! Wish I could do something like that for Andrea. She is so nicely "top heavy" as a norm that it's not always easy for her to find tops that fit her right. If I could sew... I would sew for her! But since I can't, I'm going to steer her away from your blog! ;-)