Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Jessica + Voile + Summertime Top = Cute



It’s been fun getting back into the groove of sewing. There were a few things I brought with me when we moved so I could have projects to do while waiting for my household stuff. One of the items was the Summer Time top pattern from Favorite Things. Another was AMH voile diamond mine in ink. I was hoping Jessica would like the combination and she did.

Of course, we had to put our own twist on things. She’s not a big fan of ties. I knew this, so I wasn’t surprised. We decided on buttons. I added a placket down the front on both sides because it was too small across the front. This is not her fault. The girl is tiny. I should have checked to make sure the pattern fit. I just started cutting to her normal size without compensating for some new attributes that she has acquired. I made the cap sleeves a bit shorter too.

I love the way it turned out. Voile is the perfect fabric for a top like this. 

12 comments:

Jessica said...

I LOVE IT! Though I think I need a new face...

Isisjem said...

Another gorgeous inspiring item of clothing.

kms handmade said...

That looks great! I really like the buttons instead of the tie! I made the same top out of the brown voile we got in right before you left. I need to photograph it it! :)

Joan's Good Life said...

If only I could sew like that! Jessica looks fab in the top and it's so cool that you can just go and alter so easily! Blah!

As for Jessica needing a new face... I looked at her face in the photo and that is the face I remember looking across from me at the kitchen table asking " But why miss. Joan? Why?"
LOL

Joan's Good Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Corienna, all of these clothes you have made for her are adorable. I know who I'm calling on when the time comes!!! ;)

Cindy Loo

Jennifer said...

The fabric photographs even soft!

Heather G. said...

Precious top Corinnea, but more precious is the beautiful daughter & her baby bump!

Dee said...

have I told you how in awe of your sewing skills I am! Wow!

beautiful daughter, awesome grandma and the baby that leads them both into the future is blessed!

Serena said...

She's so cute, the top is so cute, just cute-cute! You inspire me yet again!

lizy said...

awww, sooo pretty and comfy. Jess look so cute with her belly. When is she do?

Natalie said...

This is so lovely!! Absolutely beautiful!