Sunday, April 25, 2010

I Nicey Jane

So, unless you live in a cave, or don't love fabric beyond all comprehensible reason, you know about Heather Bailey's new line, Nicey Jane.  I did not expect to like this line as much as I do. None of the photos I saw really did it justice, until Jennifer sent me this link to true up with a dress Ms. Bailey made. Leave it to the designer to do it right.

I had to have this dress.

Or something close to it. Strangely enough I'd pulled out an old pattern just the week before, thinking I need to make this again only updated.....
Mom, Sherie remember this one? Yep, 1985, classic. All ya'll should have seen Kelly's lip curl when I showed her this. Too funny for words. Hopefully I have redeemed myself....







It didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted it to, but I love it all the same. If I'd taken the time to make a muslin (Lizy, do what I say not what I do) it would have been better. While trying to post this I found other photos of Ms. Bailey's dress here and here. I am thinking I may take the buttons down farther like she did. I truly hope she doesn't mind my copying her dress. It is not by any means the same. I think the front detail on hers is prettier. People will buy her pattern by the truckloads if she puts it out there. I know I'd be the first in line.

I hope everyone was out enjoying some of the blissful sunshine we had today!

15 comments:

KD Designs said...

I can't believe you called me out like that! Haha! No, it's not my favorite pattern you've every used, but yes you did it justice and you are adorable! You need the yellow shoes that girl has!

Katelyn R. said...

oooohhh, yellow shoes would be awesome with this unbelievably amazing dress! I never would have put yellow with that print, and now I can't imagine putting anything but yellow with it!

Adrienne said...

SQUEE! Oh, I love it! So, do you just sit and play a flute and watch as the music charms your thread, fabric and sewing machine into producing perfection for you? Intellectually, I *know* that you sit at your machine and sew away, just like I do (though far more efficiently and with better results) but in my imagination, it's like you're a snake charmer. But of sewing.

OK, I'm really tired. The bottom line? I like the dress. :) Also, yellow shoes are a go.

sherie lee said...

Here's the weird thing, yesterday, I almost wrote you to tell you I needed another one of these dresses, and here it is, I wore my last one out, Love, Love, Love this, and the pics of you!

Jessica said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! Adorable love it!

lizy said...

This is stunnng and it looks amazing on you. Love the pictures.

Jennifer said...

holy mother chucken cow! What I mean to say is OMG BECKY!!!! Corinnea!!!!! It's absolutly stunning and you look sooooooo adorable in it it should be a sin. You look so young and carefree:) I love everything about it. It's perfect. perfect perfect. you inpsire. Truly. **oh, and I like the pictures. Tim got close ups!

Mary A. said...

Super Super Cute!!!!!! I love the yellow with that fabric. GENIUS!!!!!

Joan's Good Life said...

OH MY GOSH! I HAVE the SAME pattern! I can't believe we both have the same pattern! Of course, I've never made it. Just have it cuz I LOVED the style and thought maybe some day......
You look so cute in the dress! It almost makes me want to try my hand at this pattern with a fresh new fabric design. (giggling here, maybe actually more like snickering, cuz you know... I can't really make something like this!) But you sure did exactly what I would have if I could have! ;-)
Really loving the whole thing, you, dress, bare feet in the green grass!

Norma's Nonsense said...

Do I remember that dress?!?!? Of course I do, it was always one of my favorites! Love, love, love it. I wore it from my 'younger' age into the 'older and weight shifting days' and still tried to squeeze into it. How cool that you still kept the pattern, just goes to show that some things should never be tossed out! Recently saw material that reminded me of the one mine was made out of.....

Dee said...

Wow! I love the piping, neckline and the buttons! Just lovely. You've done an awesome job and the pictures are way too cute!

Nicey Jane is one of my faves!

Kara Forristall said...

omg... redeemed you are! I am in love with it... the collar is so darling!

Anonymous said...

wait, maybe THIS is the cutest ever. how can i choose? - Hannah

Tina said...

I absolutely love the dress and it is just perfect for you. You do look way to cute and young. I am in awe of what you can do with fabric and thread and a sewing machine.

Angela said...

Too cute!! Great job!