Thursday, August 6, 2009

Relax and Recycle

Yes, I too am on the string quilt band wagon. What's not to love? I'm using any paper I would normally throw away for my foundation and small peices of fabric I can't bear to throw away. The only peices you must be precise with, for the spider web pattern, are the middle "kite" shapes. I love the randomness of the rest of the quilt. I only have about 94 more triangles to go for a decent sized quilt. Hmmmm, maybe it will be a baby sized quilt.
~
If you'd like to try one there is a great tutorial here.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Whatever size you choose I will give it a home! Come rescue me from paper!!!

sherie lee said...

i love this whole concept, it is just beautiful! Need to sew again...

Adrienne said...

Wait...I missed something. What is it, exactly?

Corinnea said...

Sorry Adrianne..... it's the beginning of a quilt. Made from "scraps" otherwise known to me as small peices of treasured fabrics.

Jennifer said...

I love this! And need to make one myself:) I can't wait to see it finished!