Sunday, October 11, 2009

Is it just me, or is this cute?

You know who and I went to the second hand store downtown yesterday. I found this box of old buttons (but-tons). It was fortuitous to say the least, saved me having to drag the afore mentioned you know who to a fabric store. In the box were the exact things I was looking for, in the exact amount I needed. I started this project Friday night. I had everything I needed except, out of the hundreds of buttons I have, none fit.

This pattern is from Favorite Things it is their Uptown Coat pattern. The pattern is a simple one. You should probably have a few clothing projects completed before trying it though. There are some things they leave out.

So, as I said, I had the fabric in my stash. The lining is a cotton that we had at the shop, Middleburg by Jenny Beyer. The outer fabric is a wool-blend, it's older than most of my kids. It started it's life grey and I dyed it purple. I never made the project it was intended for. I have plenty left over.....
You know who kindly photographed me in the coat. I told him these pictures make it look like he almost knows what he's doing.
He said that sounded like a compliment.

I said it almost was.

So glad he loves me.

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Buh-bye!

22 comments:

Katelyn R. said...

OH!!!!! IT'S SOOO CUTE! I can't wait to make mine!

Jessica said...

OHHHHHH!!!! I NEED one! NEED. Puh-lease! I will send you fabric let me know how much you need!! It looks adorable on you!

Dee said...

Wowzers! This is the perfect coat! You dyed the fabric! How awesome is that! I love it when a project comes out and you love it! My fave pic is the one of you looking down, with your hair gently falling on your face. A shy, but proud pose! Wear it always in good health and happiness, friend!

Mary said...

Oh my word that coat is too freaking cute. I'm sooooo jealous! I can't believe you made it, wow. You got some skills Frau Martindale, I wish I could sew half as good as you. Oh and I could so tell you know who took the pictures because of your smile =-) I can't explain it, but you have a special smile for him. It's very sweet.

Jennifer said...

Heyyy! You pulled this out of know where! But then Katelyns acts like she already knows about it. Did we just get this pattern in?? It's adooorrraaaable! So cute and perfect on you!! Must see in person. I wantto touch it and look at that purple up close! If it wasn't sexual harrassment (and you'd let me) I'd smack your butt and say good job!:)

Margaret said...

Wow!!! You have outdone yourself this time! What a beautiful jacket, and it looks amazing on you. And the photos are wonderful, too.

lizy said...

This looks store bought Mrs. Crafty girl :) LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! You look fav in it. I want one :)Katelyn is going to lend me her pattern when she is done with hers (I think?) Unless we get more in......

sherie lee said...

i love seeing pics of you! And the coat is perfect, I really need one tooooo!!!!!

Adrienne said...

It looks great!! I can't wait to see Katelyn's, you are both so talented. :)

Norma's Nonsense said...

But tons, I got it.....Okay, I can't decide if it is just the most adorable coat that looks good on you OR if it is the beautiful lady that the coat looks good on. Those pictures should be in a designer mag. I love the coat, if I thought it would look even half that good on me I would order one.....

d-na said...

ohhhh,
corinnea! PURPLE!!! my fav-o-rite!!! the coat is sooooo beautiful. i can only buy things that look so fab. i had to laugh when i read jen's comment! what a hoot. but, i have to say that your comments touch my heart when you talk about "you know who" and the emotions that show on your face when that special someone takes a pic you love (and a picture that you don't).

Corinnea said...

All ya'll have made me feel very great about the coat. I'm working on a second one for the shop. I LUV this little jacket.

tinee said...

this coat really is just too cute!!
looove the color... and wish I could sew, too ;)

Corinnea said...

Tinee, Thank you! I'm sure if you decided to sew, you could....

Kara Forristall said...

you dyed that purple! very nice! I really really love it, the cut is so great on you too! cute! and another few exclamation points just cuz!!!!!!

kms handmade said...

Just stunning!!! I didn't realize you had dyed the fabric! That's cool!

Serena said...

Came over from Sew, Mama, Sew!

Your coat is gorgeous and it looks wonderful on you! The color is simply scrumptious! Nicely done!

craftytammie said...

You did a fantastic job. Love the coat!

Anonymous said...

What a great coat! And the color suits you! Well done!

Jeanette said...

Just beautiful! You mentioned there was a few things that was hard to follow on the pattern. I plan to make my daughter one....any heads up for me?

Terri said...

What a lovely shade of purple! Love it! :)

Amanda McEwen said...

where would one find a link to this pattern? Its just adorable but I'm having trouble getting to favorite things.